Three graduate fellowships are available for US citizens pursuing a master’s degree and a career in the US State Department Foreign Service.
To be eligible, applicants are required to maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2.
- Interested in becoming a Foreign Service Officer? Apply for the Pickering Graduate Fellowship by Sep. 21 or the Rangel Graduate Fellowship by Sep. 28. Both fellowships are open to students.
- Applications for the Clarke Diplomatic Security Fellowship, which trains Diplomatic Security Special Agents, will close on October 1st. Aspiring agents must meet age requirements and pass a Physical Readiness Test.
- Diplomat in Residence, Katelyn Choe, will host a virtual webinar on October 23 at 7:30 p.m. Eastern to discuss the Special Agent position in Diplomatic Security.
- The Foreign Affairs Information Technology (FAIT) Fellowship opens in September for Information Management Specialists. It can fund a bachelor’s junior and senior year or two years of master’s study in IT.
- Similar tuition assistance, internship opportunities, and a service commitment with USAID are all part of the Payne Fellowship program offered by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). This year’s application deadline is Oct. 23.