This program is designed to prepare students for internships and jobs in a professional world, expose students to various opportunities in government or those unique to Washington, D.C., and provide networking opportunities with professionals and UA alumni. While it is not the intention of the program, some students receive internship and job offers following the trip. The program includes a trip to Washington, D.C. during spring break each year. The itinerary for this program includes:
- Briefings by various government and non-profit organizations
- Meetings with elected officials and/or their staff
- Informational interviews with professionals who share the career interests of the student
- Tours of D.C. historic landmarks and exposure to life in the city
- Exposure to cultural and religious issues
Upon return, students will be invited to participate in a student roundtable to discuss their impressions and the value of this trip. Participants may be asked to speak to other student groups, seminars, etc. to inform other students about this experience or prepare a presentation with the group.