This program is designed to prepare students for internships and jobs in the professional world, expose students to various opportunities in government or those unique to Washington, D.C., and provide networking opportunities with professionals and UA alumni. Some students receive internships and job offers following the trip. Others define career ambitions and develop a professional network. The program includes a trip to Washington, D.C., during spring break each year. The itinerary for this program includes:
Briefings by various government and non-profit organizations
- Meetings with elected officials and/or their staff
- Informational interviews with professionals who share the career interests with student
- Networking opportunities with UA alumni
- Tours of D.C. historic landmarks and exposure to life in the city
- Exposure to cultural and religious issues
Eligibility: All A&S students are encouraged to apply. This includes all majors and classes. Students must be in good academic standing at UA.
Cost: Students pay for their transportation, a metro ticket, hotel expenses for double room, and most meals. The cost is estimated to be about $1500, which varies based on plane ticket cost and meal choices. There is no program cost for participation.
Applications: Applications are now being accepted. Contact email@example.com to obtain access to the application. Attendance at an information session or private meeting is required to discuss program specifics and expectations. Selections will be announced in early December.
Dates: March 11-15, 2024
Preparation: All participants must attend the following “Ready to Roll” sessions prior to the trip.
- Professional Prep 101: Sunday afternoon session (4-5 hours) during February that focuses on networking, dressing for success, interviewing, resumes, business cards, and introductions
- Business and Dining Etiquette
Check out the past D.C. Programs!