The College of Arts and Sciences offers several courses to help you begin the research and creative process.
View the video of our Undergraduate Research Webinar from September 15, 2022 (you will need to register an email address to view the video). Download the presentation slides as a PDF.
View a webinar about how to submit a competitive ASSURE proposal (To view the Panopto video of the webinar, you will need to log in to Blackboard Learn.)
AS 103: Introduction to Research & Creative Scholarship Opportunities (INTRO)
This course exposes students to research and creative activities being conducted by faculty in the College of Arts & Sciences. The lectures by A&S faculty members will help students learn how new knowledge is created, provide career advice, and potentially lead to students identifying faculty mentors.
In AS 103, students will
- learn the basics and culture of university research
- understand how research can expand undergraduate education through experiential learning and faculty mentoring
- meeting with UA research-active faculty and student research assistants
- explore research opportunities available to undergraduates
- prepare for future professional opportunities: future research, graduate school, other advanced degrees, internships, and careers
Learn more about AS 103 in the Undergraduate Catalog.
AS 104: Mentored Research Experiences
This course allows students to execute creative projects or research with a faculty mentor. Students and their faculty mentor will be required to develop an Undergraduate Research Mentoring Agreement in consultation with the College Coordinator of Undergraduate Research.
Learn more about AS 104 in the Undergraduate Catalog.